[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Reading from stdin blocks all MzScheme threads

Leigh Stoller wrote:
> Here is a patch file to fix the problem that Matthew reported in his

Leigh,

Thanks very much for the patch!  We ran into some problems with it,
though.  Our input is processed in freebsd/src/sys/kern/tty.c, and if,
for example, ctrl-c is pressed the function pgsignal is called to send
the interupt.  The problem is that pgsignal (in
freebsd/shared/kern_sig.c) is stubbed out so that no interrupt is
actually sent.

As a quick-and-dirty hack we tried simply delegating the job to raise
(in freebsd/libc/sys/sigaction.c).  This worked for console_tty.c in the
extended examples directory but is causing some strange behavior in the
application we are trying to port.  We are unsurprised, since judging
from the comments in sigaction.c our hack might very well be shallow and
misguided.

Could you or someone take a look and see what we should be doing?

Thanks!
Mike