[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: linux_fs + freebsd_c

> From: Matthew Flatt <mflatt@cs.rice.edu>
> Subject: linux_fs + freebsd_c
>
>  * After sucessfully reading the content of a directory, closedir()
>    triggers an assert failure in lmm_free.c, line 61.

Hi Matthew. One of our linux fs folks will take a look at this, since
we don't see any problems with the netbsd fs code.

>  * fopen("new-file", "w") always returns NULL; errno contains
>    OSKIT_E_INVALIDARG. stat() immediately after reports that the file
>    exists.

This will be fixed in the upcoming release. A tiny bug in open that
should have been fixed a long time ago, but got lost somehow.

>  * Creating a directory works, but the directory doesn't survive
>    reboots. Neither do the files that are apparently created by
>    fopen(). Is there some sort of sync() function I need to call?
>    (The obvious one, sync(), doesn't seem to be there.)

Be sure to fsck that filesystem ... Also, if you get a chance to look
at startup/start_fs.c, it should be apparent how to convert that into
start_linux_fs.c. If you send us back the file, we will include it in
the startup library, no charge.

Lbs