[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: GPL Liscensing on New Release: What Gives?

[ Please apply the usual `I don't speak for my employer' disclaimer here: ]

I personally see an interesting twist in how the use of the GPL has
changed.

While originally conceived and applied by people whose views on
issues such as intellectual property were often rather excentric [1],
the GPL is now also being used to protect commercial interests [2].

The future will show how successful these attempts will be, and how
this use will influence attitudes in the so-called free software community.

	- Godmar

---
[1]:
http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/words-to-avoid.html#TOCIntellectualProperty