[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: GPL Liscensing on New Release: What Gives?

>> So what someone has taken my work and commercialized it? If I wanted to
>> control my work, I would not release the source. Period.
>
>Right, that is the aspiring entrepreneur's perspective.  But GPL targets
>the
>entrepreneur's code via "infection" or "tainting".  The GPL "spiel" reads
>like:
>individual freedom is jetisoned in favor of a special interest group.  And
>the "spiel"
>is designed to prey on the naive by attempting to give a cartoon character
>personality to the source code ("freeing" the software which unfortunately
>means "enslaving" the developer-user).

Yeah, right; GPL is enslaving the capitalist programmers of the world.  Who are you?  Huey Long?

Please stop philosophizing about free software, make a concrete suggestion about the OSKit license, or take the discussion to a more appropriate forum.

--FC