[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

developing on a sparc?

Has anyone used a sparc as a host?  I'm already using it for
cross-compiling (configured for "m68k-unknown-aout").  But the
lab may go pentium, and I'd like to switch to the os-kit.

The target machines would have hard disks, PCI ether cards (but
16-bit ISA is possible) and monitors.  I'd like to boot off the network
if possible.  Is this covered in the docs?

I see messages about using LILO and rawrite.  I can write 1.44 meg
floppies, but don't have LILO on my sparc....   :-)  Would I have
to install Linux/Freebsd on the targets?  I'd rather not, but doesn't
seem like a big deal once it is done the first time....

BTW, I like having the COM interfaces through the system.  You
implementation has some real crafty code in it... very slick, wow!

--- "Subversive Luddite Cyberpunk Savages!"   -- Jim Bray
--- brian witt