[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

OSKit and Kaffe - trouble in compiling Kaffe with oskit-config

Hello, my name is Gio.

I'm having trouble to get the kaffe image compile on my AMD i686 RH 5.1
Linux.
I use the last GNU Pro toolkit from Cygnus.
What I can do:
OSKIT-0.97
I configure, compile and install the OS kit.
I sucessfully boot with the example image "Hello World" using the GRUB
boot loader.
KAFFE-got from the utah site (patch are applied)
I configure, compile and install the Kaffe VM.
I test it again the regression testIfrom the distribution and own test
classes. The VM anbd JIT are working fine.

What I can not do:
OSKIT+KAFFE
I couldn't compile the image and gcc failed with the following output :
/usr/local/OSKit/bin/i686-oskit-gcc  -pthread -I.
-I/proj/flux/kaffe/kaffe/kaffevm
-I/proj/flux/kaffe/kaffe/kaffevm/../../config -I../../config
-I../../include -I/proj/flux/kaffe/kaffe/kaffevm/../../include
-I../../libraries/clib -I/usr/local/include -g -O2 -Wall
-Wstrict-prototypes -DNO_SHARED_LIBRARIES -DNO_SHARED_VMLIBRARY
-DTRANSLATOR -I/proj/flux/kaffe/kaffe/kaffevm/jit -DKVER=\"1.00\"  -c
/proj/flux/kaffe/kaffe/kaffevm/exception.c -o exception.o
/proj/flux/kaffe/kaffe/kaffevm/exception.c: In function `nullException':
/proj/flux/kaffe/kaffe/kaffevm/exception.c:300: structure has no member
named `sc_ebp'
/proj/flux/kaffe/kaffe/kaffevm/exception.c:300: structure has no member
named `sc_eip'
/proj/flux/kaffe/kaffe/kaffevm/exception.c: In function
`floatingException':
/proj/flux/kaffe/kaffe/kaffevm/exception.c:318: structure has no member
named `sc_ebp'
/proj/flux/kaffe/kaffe/kaffevm/exception.c:318: structure has no member
named `sc_eip'
make[2]: *** [exception.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

I also notice in the configuration script of kaffe for the oskit the gcc
line has a "strange" option named "posix-oskit". I wasn't able to
determine which option is and is rejectected by gcc. I tried to
configure the kaffe compiling process without this option and get the
same result.
My "i686-oskit-gcc" created by the OSKit is:
GCC_EXEC_PREFIX=/usr/local/OSKit/ gcc ${1+"$@"}