[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Help with GRUB

OK I got my OSKit to compile and install. Now I want to run the example
kernels using GRUB.
I've got a bootable floppy with the GRUB image on it. I've read the
documentation but I'm still not sure what's next (duh :). So...

I take it that I can copy a kernel image onto a floopy, I'm using FreeBSD
as a development platform.What is the right way to get the image onto the
floppy?
What else should go on the floppy?
Is the file system on the floppy a FAT or some other format?

Do I need to put some part of GRUB (stage 2) on the kernel floppy?
What would the stand alone command be to boot the kernel image off of a
floppy?
Is there a way I can boot the kernel image straight from the FreeBSD
partition?
I,m using system commander to do multibooting on that machine now, will
this get in the way?

I can take any of these answers off line or you can post them to the list,
I've searched the entire list and can not find any concrete examples of this.

						geoffw