[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

no progress with our ethernet card

Hi,

we are still unable to put our DEC 21140 card to work.
This time we have installed a Slackware linux distribution featuring 2.0.29 kernel.
The card does not work, so we are sure it will never work under the current version of OSkit neither.
We had previosly found that the card works well with 2.0.32 linux kernel, and I tried to substitute the corresponding driver source file ("tulip.c") in the oskit, but it did not work.
Kevin Van Maren had suggested us to replace "if_de.c" file, instead of "tulip.c", but I wasn't able to find such a file...
Does anyone know what the problem could be? or, has anybody used a TRENDnet card, or at least a card with the same chip?
If anything else falls, we would like to know the brand/model of a 100Mbs card that works for sure. We really need to solve this problem!

Giuseppe