[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ethernet driver problem

>   I'm currently using OSkit-990402 on Linux. I have a DHCP/TFTP client
> (similar to netboot) that works fine when I host it on Linux (using OsKit),
> but when I boot it off a floppy (using grub), it find the NIC when it
> probes, but then it won't actually transmit. As far as I can tell, there
> is no difference between the two as far as my code is concerned. It fails
> with a Intel EtherExpress Pro, a 3com 3c900 "vortex", and a Dec 21041
> "tulip".

The vortex driver in the oskit may be a little questionable.  The tulip and
eepro100 drivers definitely work (we use them ourselves).  Can you post the
exact messages you see from the drivers?  (It's easiest to get them all if
you use a serial console and record it from another machine.)

Follow-Ups: References: