[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

osenv question

I have a question on setting up the osenv requirements with an existing
kernel.
I have a running kernel with memory management, thread management, etc., but I
would like to use the OSKit block device drivers.
In trying to figure out where to put the osenv_ functions, I started to get a
bit overwhelmed until I realized that the osenv_ functions (osenv_mem_alloc(),
osenv_irq_alloc(), osenv_log, etc.) seem to be mixed in with functions to
provide device registration and initialization.
Is that correct?

Is there any relatively straightforward way to substitute just the osenv_
functions I need to map the OSKit functions to the the memory allocation and
IRQ handling functions which are in the kernel I'm using?
I would prefer to keep the OSKit functions that I don't need to replace, like
dev_probe, but those functions seem to end up in the same library as the osenv
functions (liboskit_dev.a).

Any pointers?  Is there a clean way, or am I just going to have to clone the
dev directory, and change what I need?

thanks,
Chris Caudle