[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

com and gcc question

I was going through the oskit code and the COM interface.  As a result,
I thought I'd code in C++ for a small project since COM instantiation is
supposed to work for both C and C++.  Problems arose when I decided to
look at the code generated by gcc for a virtual class for COM and found
that the vtable layout isn't correct.  Checking back with the Microsoft
spec, it looks like they played the 700 pound gorilla trick and forced
compiler writers to conform to the "Microsoft Object Model" format in
order to make COM and C++ compilers work together.

Am I off base with this?  Do I need to write special classes for C++ in
order to use gcc with the oskit COM objects?   Anyone have any pointers?

Pat