[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: FYI: vmware + oskit

On Sun, 10 Oct 1999, Alistair J. R. Young wrote:

> Now, if only someone had come up with a way to compile oskit kernels under
> NT (anyone? unlikely, I suppose, but never hurts to ask...), there wouldn't
> be any awkward pauses at all.

If I where you, I would switch from NT and get going with either FreeBSD
or Linux.  W2K is quickly becoming a joke, and a mighty big joke indeed.
IMHO, it is really unsuitable for any use level of serious use - it lacks
stability, efficiency, and intelligent design.  Most of it's features have
been cobbled together by MS as part of a game of catchup, and as a result
the whole 20 CDs worth of it are held together with duct tape and chewing
gum.  TTYL!

---
Paul Anderson - Self-employed Megalomaniac
paul@geeky1.ebtech.net
Member of the Sarnia Linux User's Group
http://www.sar-net.com/slug
http://zephyr.sellad.on.ca/~paul
All I want is 5 minutes with the source code for the universe and a quick
recompile.

Follow-Ups: References: