[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: OSKit and processes

Jay Lepreau wrote:

> The OSKit would provide the needed infrastructure for such
> a SASOS but be warned that this stuff is complicated and
> you'd best do some reading and studying of others' code first.

The big problem from my point of view is the linking, both normal
and with shared libraries.

Shared libraries in a SASOS get very ugly. If the OS is a strict
SASOS, then the data segment also must be shared (and we all know
the problems with this). Have you seen any solutions for this
problem in a strict-SASOS ?

Also implementing the fork(2) system call can be a heavy task,
but there's "ways" around this (by just implementing the popen
routine).

--
Johan Rydberg			johan.rydberg@netinsight.net
Net Insight AB, Sweden		direct: +46-8-685 04 17

Follow-Ups: References: