[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Kaffe/OSKit's Filesystem

> Before I try to modify the code in oskit/startup/start_world.c, I
> just added some printf() statements in it.

Look into kaffe/config/i386/oskit/md.c.  Its a "copy" of start_world,
customized for Kaffe.  (If I remember correctly).  You'll want to add
calls to the various start_* functions in there.  Use start_world() as
a template.

>     May I ask what should I do if I want to use the filesystem in Linux
> together with the "Java OS"?? (add "root=/dev/hda3" in the command line
> seems doesn't work since the code in oskit/startup/start_world.c resolve
> it to disk="hda" and part="s3" but not "c").

Look at some of the example kernels that do filesystem stuff.  (I
don't know a thing about starting it up).  But, you seem to be on the
right track...

> Also, what's the sequence of files/functions called to boot the
> Kaffe/OSKit. e.g. (start from main.c in oskit/boot, then
> boot_start.c, and then.......oskit/startup/start_world.c??).

multiboot main should invoke Kaffe's main (kaffe/kaffe/main.c) which
invokes the INIT_MD() macro, which is mapped to oskit_kaffe_main() in
kaffe/config/i386/oskit/md.c.  I'm doing this from memory, so I might
have missed something...

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann@cs.utah.edu
     To understand recursion one must first understand recursion.

Follow-Ups: References: