[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

OSKit profiling problems

We're trying to profile a kernel built against oskit-19991124.  We've
built a profiled version of all the libraries etc, and have been able to
link in oskit-gprof and got past all the voodoo in the library order in
the Makefiles to get it to work, but now when we boot up the kernel it
immediately assertion fails

dev/x86/pic.c:35 irq!= IRQ_RTC,

this is being called during the ide disk probe.

this is mentioned in the docs as being a problem, but does this mean
you can't profile kernels that use the disk?

Any suggestions?

thanks a lot

Britt, and Jay

here is a backtrace at the assert fail

osenv_irq_alloc
irq_alloc
FDEV_LINUX_request_irq
FDEV_LINUX_probe_irq_on
try_to_identify
do_probe
probe_hwif
FDEV_LINUX_ideprobe_init
FDEV_LINUX_ide_init_builtin_drivers
FDEV_LINUX_ide_init
oskit_dev_probe
start_devices
main
multiboot_main

Britt Bolen                      EECS Computer Support Office & Vino Lab
Division of Engineering and Applied Sciences      email:      bolen@eecs
Harvard University                                voice:    617 495-UNIX
MD 209, 33 Oxford St., Cambridge, MA, 02138         fax:    617-496-1066