[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Problem with ethernet drivers in 19991124 `Butterball'

Hi everyone,

We've been using the OSKit here, very happily for the last year or so.
First Version 0.97, then later Snapshot 990402.

I've been trying to upgrade to the latest snapshot, in order to use
some of the newer Linux ethernet drivers.
I've upgraded our compiler tools to gcc 2.95.2 and binutils 2.9.5.
I had to apply OKUJI Yoshinori's patch
(ftp://flux.cs.utah.edu/flux/oskit/mail/html/oskit-users/msg00603.html)
in order to build.
I've also built with the old gcc 2.7.2.2 without patching.

The problem is that I can't get the ethernet drivers to recognise an
ethernet card. I've tried the netboot kernel with all drivers, and
with just particular drivers (we have etherlink3 and ne2000 cards).
I always get `no Ethernet adaptor found!'.

I've not had any problems with netboot in previous releases.
And my old copies of netboot still work fine.

Has anybody else had this problem? Any guesses?

Thanks,
Ian Braithwaite