[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RPC & NFS

> From: Simon Nieuviarts <snieuvia@ensisun.imag.fr>
> Subject: RPC & NFS
>
> Is there some code in OSKit dealing with NFS and the RPCs ? I have only
> seen it in netboot, but it is not usable in a general kernel, using the
> freebsdc and startup libraries. I could start working on it, but I first
> want to know if it is worth...

As you noticed, the only NFS/RPC support in the oskit is contained in
netboot, and that support is minimal. Just enough to transfer a kernel;
mount, lookup, read.

We are not working on a full blown client side library, and we are not
aware of anyone else doing so.

It would be great to have, and if you decide to work on it, we would love
to see it when you are done! Feel free to ask questions, and we will do
what we can to help out.

Lbs

Leigh B. Stoller                     Computer Science - Flux Research Group
stoller@cs.utah.edu                  University of Utah
http://www.cs.utah.edu/~stoller      Salt Lake City, Utah 84112
Voice: (541) 929-2666                FAX: (801) 585-3743