[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Environment required for minimal libc

Hi,

I want to use the minimal libc (snapshot 20000505) in our system and
I'm currently writing the required support functions. As far as I
unterstood from the manual I need to overwrite
console_{putchar,getchar,putc,putbytes} for printf... and morecore,
mem_{lock,unlock} for malloc. But I ran into several problems:

- oskit_clientos_init failes because it can not allocate memory in
  oskit_services_create (com/services.c). Are there other functions
  which must be overwritten and do I need oskit_clientos_init at all if
  I just want to use the minimal libc?
- oskit_libkern is required to link a program (otherwise, ld misses
  oskit_sendsig_init). Can I replace this by a dummy function?

Thanks in advance,

Lars

--
Dipl.-Inf. Lars Reuther              Dresden University of Technology
Department of Computer Science       Operating Systems Research Group