[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Linux ext2 filesystem

On Tue, 23 May 2000, Yves Martin wrote:

> 	Hello, me again !!
>
> 	I'm now almost sure that my problem is from
>    Linux kernel version !
>    My example code is completelly functionnal on a
>    ext2 partition created by a 2.0 kernel (2.0.36).
>    But my error messages appear on a ext2 partition 2.2 kernel
>    (2.2.14-15mdk - Linux Mandrake 7.0v2).
>    I've read on a mailing list that kernel 2.2 has had flags
>    on ext2 filesystem ... so I try with a old ext2.

	Now everything is OK, I'm sorry to have been
  so noisy on this list,
  I still do not understand why oskit linuxfs library
  generated errors on my  Mandrake 7.0v2 ext2 filesystem
  whereas fsck found nothing wrong.
  So I re-parted, re-formatted, re-installed my hard disk
  (still Mandrake 7.0) and now my code works well.

-- Yves Martin --- Elève-ingénieur ENSIMAG - 3e année ---
  Adr : R.H.B. Ch. 765     Yves.Martin@ensimag.imag.fr
  2 av. J. O.  GRENOBLE      Tél: 04 76 44 20 01