[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

OSKit directory structure

Hi,
	I am slightly confused about the OSkit COM directory structure.

As I understand it, there is one global directory which (only?) stores the
global memory object ? Then there is an osenv directory which stores the
interfaces of the all the glue "services" code. Then there is a devices
directory which
stores the devices and then there is another directory which stores all the
device driver references ?

First, is this delineation right ?

Second, how are these directories linked, if at all ?

The device driver lookup starts at the device driver registry instead of
starting its search from the global
registry and first finding the device driver registry and then the device
driver, hence they are not linked together ?

Anyone ?

Thanx,
Computo Ergo Sum

UMAR SAIF

Ph.D. Student

Systems Research Group      Office Phone:  01223-(3) 34643
Computer Laboratory	    Mobile Phone : 07780 - 687037
University of Cambridge     http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~us204