[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

GRUB file system

Title: GRUB file system

I'm trying to boot the example kernels using GRUB. I copied the file system (ext2fs) onto the floppy using 'cat grub-xxx.ext2fs > /dev/fd0' and that worked fine. However when I try 'df /dev/fd0' I see that the blocksize is zero and so are the other parameters. I can boot the machine (without any kernels on the floppy) using the floppy and the file system works fine and I can get to the grb prompt. The problem is that when I try to mount the floppy so that I can copy the example kenerl(s) onto it I get an error stating that the blocksize is invalid. I do 'mount -t ext2fs /dev/fd0 /floppy'. I've even tried doing 'mount_ext2fs /dev/fd0 /floppy' and that doesn't work either. I'm using FreeBSD 4.0. Any ideas?

Progress Mtshali