[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: kaffe /lib

> From: Patrick Tullmann <tullmann@cs.utah.edu>
> Subject: Re: kaffe /lib
> Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 15:00:15 -0700
>
> Umar Saif wrote:
> > Is there anything in OSkit that would preclude dynamic linking ?
>
> You'll need to include the OSKit's dynamic loader, rtld.  I'm not sure
> if it will work with Kaffe, though.  Leigh might know if there's any
> inherent reason it won't work.

I cannot think of any reasons it would not work. Add rtld to your build by
uncommenting the line in modules.x86.pc and then do a configure and a
rebuild.

There is an example program in examples/dyntest/dyntest.c. As you can see,
our RTLD library simply implements the standard dlopen interface as
presented by FreeBSD (and others).

	dlopen(3), dlsym(3), dlerror(3), dlclose(3) -
		programmatic interface to the dynamic linker

The makefile in that directory shows you how to create a shared library,
and how to get the oskit kernel to statically link with dyn symbol info
included. It also shows you how to build a multiboot image that contains
your .so files.

Have fun. Let us know of you have any questions or problems.

Lbs