[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: oskit-20010214 + Linux-mandrake-7.1 again..

Ish Rattan wrote:
> I had no luck in compiling oskit-20010214 under Linux-Mandrake-7.1 or
> FreeBSD-4.2.

FreeBSD should work.  We can test 4.2 here, I belive...

> So I removed the
>
> examples/unix examples/unix/embedded examples/unix/threads
>
> fron the SUBDIR line in GNUmakefile. It compiles and installs.

Alternatively, you can remove them from the modules.x86.pc file and
reconfigure.  But you did basically the same thing (though your change
will get lost the next time you run configure).

> Questions:
>
> 1. Whay it has problems with unresolved references? (partial output of
> make shown below)

That is odd.  There is some nasty scripting in the unix/ directory
that is supposed to build a library that maps the oskit C library to
the native C library.  (The script prefixes native C library functions
with native_ so they won't clash with the OSKit C library versions).

> 2. How damaged is OSKit if the above mentioned subdirs are excluded
> form the package?

You won't be able to build kernels that run on unix without this
library, but regular (bare hardware) OSKit kernels should be just
fine.

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann@cs.utah.edu
		This space unintentionally left blank.