[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Profiling problem

In the continuing quest to see where all my CPU cycles are going, I've
compiled everything of mine with -pg, compiled the oskit libraries with
-enable-profiling, substituted all the oskit libraries in my makefile with
the _p versions, and run mkmbimage <kernel> <kernel>:a.out before trying
to boot the resultant kernel image.

When the kernel terminates, it states "a.out: can't find symbol table!"
and "can't find string table corresponding to symbol table!". I'm using
gcc version 2.7.2.3 on a redhat 5.2 system if this helps at all.

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this problem?

"The security option tells how secret the information is ... In
practice, all routers ignore it, so its only practical function is
to help spies find the good stuff more easily."
   --- Andrew Tanenbaum, "Computer Networks".
| Voon-Li Chung	        | PhD Student, Inline-Hockey Player    |
| vlchung@cs.uwa.edu.au | http://www.cs.uwa.edu.au/~vlchung    |