[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

invalid compressed format error

I'm using mandrake linux 7.2 and lilo to boot the simple hello zImage. The
first time, things went without a hitch (after changing the mklinuximage
file to have the proper boot directory) But then we attempted to make a
different example boot (tty) and it didn't work at all .. just said 'loading
hello...' (I didn't change the name of the alias for lilo). So then I tried
a few other kernals and evenetually went back to the hello kernal. Same
thing. So I re-make'd and re-configured a few times, and tried to get the
hello kernal to work again. Now its saying the following error message:

invalid compressed format
Backtrace: fp=d024
000055b7 00001d5a 00002ced 000056b 000039ed 00003b53 00003a20
Press any key to reboot.

Which of course isn't very helpful. I tried doing the mklinuximage using the
debut keep the files around option, and the .gz file is being made. Any
ideas?
 -Will