[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: C library (printf)

> From: Puneet Zaroo <csu97138@cse.iitd.ernet.in>
> Subject:  C library (printf)
> Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 18:07:14 +0530 (IST)
>
> Hi all,
> I need to print the value of a 64 bit integer (type long long) and a
> floating point number in a kernel built using oskit. The printf provided
> in the oskit C library does not seem to support either of the 2 formats.
> Is there a way of incorporating these features in the printf.
> If not, is there any other function i could use to do the same.
> Thanks in advance,

The OSKit's FreeBSD C library supports those formats. You would need to
link your kernel with that instead of the OSKit plain C library. Look in
examples/x86/extended/GNUmakerules to see the different include file
specification and the different library linking.

You don't want to *mix* the two libraries. You would get very strange
errors.

Lbs