[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: compile options

I am just trying to clear how this is done.....are there any compiler flags
etc?
I want to shrink the oskit code so as to have only the code to build a
'hello' kernel for x86

regards,
Daljeet.

|--------+-------------------------->
|        |          Leigh Stoller   |
|        |          <stoller@fast.cs|
|        |          .utah.edu>      |
|        |                          |
|        |          06/06/01 07:45  |
|        |          PM              |
|        |          Please respond  |
|        |          to Leigh Stoller|
|        |                          |
|--------+-------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     Daljeet Maini/India/IBM@IBMIN                           |
  |       cc:     oskit-users@fast.cs.utah.edu                            |
  |       Subject:     Re: compile options                                |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------|

> From: mdaljeet@in.ibm.com
> Subject: compile options
> Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 19:08:41 +0530
>
> I have a doubt.
> When we build the oskit tree, then part of code that is excuted before
the
> CPU is switched to protected mode, should have been compiled in a fashion
> to operate under the real mode.
> Can somebody tell me how this is done?

So, I don't know if anyone will be able to help you, but you might have a
better chance if you tell folks what it is you are trying to do. Or why you
are trying to do it.

Lbs