[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: OSkit and Cygwin

Leaving aside the "oskit on unix" option (that only works on a few
particular unix systems anyway), the oskit requires nothing in the way of a
"host" environment to build against, and its only tools requirements are
gcc, GNU binutils, GNU make, and the usual ancillary stuff associated with
using autoconf-based configure scripts.  I believe all of that is par for
the course in the cygwin world (about which I have no real clue), i.e. they
provide a bash that works with configure scripts, sed and so forth.

There shouldn't be anything you need to do in the way of porting the oskit
code itself, just details of the configure scripts and makefiles that might
have some problems with the cygwin environment.

Follow-Ups: References: