[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Network drivers

Things are looking up so far =) I got the driver compiled, just need to test
how it works.

 > It seems that the Linux kernel drivers included with OSKit doesn't have
the
 > 8139too driver (for my Realtek 8139 network card). Is there a way I can

 > merge the 8139too driver with the OSKit and recompile?

I managed to do that sucessfully, although the details are a bit fuzzy
after all this time, so bear with me. Find the directory in the
oskit/linux src tree that contains all the other ethernet card drivers,
and copy the 8139.c file from the linux source code tree there. Change the
headers to reflect its new home in the OSKit.

After this, because alot of the making process is a script, it should at
least compile and be inserted correctly into the appropriate library. The
next step is to find a file with macro calls of the form driver (,,,,)
which takes the name of the card and some function pointers, and update it
to suit your card.

I'm sure I've left out a lot of the details, but you can definately treat
this as a proof by existance that it is possible.