[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Using OSKit in an OS course

> > A bit of information that may be useful to you: it is possible to boot
> > (at least some) OSKit kernels in VMWare and Plex86.
>
> Would you be willing to part with the details of this, looks
> intersting..

Plex86 is an x86 virtualizer.  See plex86.org.  It is less robust,
performant, etc. than VMWare, but it's free and last time I tried it out
it booted some of the OSKit kernels without problems.  I don't have more
details, but if you can boot OSKit kernels native and if you can boot
FreeDOS or something under plex86, then getting the two to work together
is straightforward.

John