[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

GRUB, bochs, debugging, and OSKit

1. Where do I find a stable version of GRUB?  I checked at
www.gnu.org/software/grub, but it says
"For now, GNU GRUB is not released publicly yet",
then refers you to where you can get *test* releases.

2. I'm looking into using OSKit + bochs for an OS course.  (The Plex86 web
site says, "Warning: experimental code intended for developers only," so
I'm not too keen on trying to use Plex86 for a virtual machine.)  I'd like
to make sure that my students have reasonable debugging facilities.  I
know that OSKit has hooks for debugging over a serial line; does anyone
know if it is possible to make use of this under the bochs emulator?
(And if so, how?)