[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: oskit how to boot

Hi All

> I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW WHAT EXACTLY START DOES AND HOW TO MAKE IT
> WORK WITH ARBITRARY PROGRAMMING LANGUAGES!!!!!! Where in the 50 megs of
> source is it anyway???

I assume from this you want to know how to create your own multi-boot loadable kernel - Grub will either load an ELF excecutable (I never got this working, though I didn't try to hard), or a plain binary.

To load a plain binary you need to have the multiboot header in the first 8192 bytes of the image file - if you have grub installed 'info multiboot' will give you the specification you need. They also have a very minimal example kernel to get started.

Regards,
Martin