[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: serial remote debugging with oskit and gdb

Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com> found the problem:

  > First, there is a new command 'e' which is not documented It would
  > be good to have this command documented. Thanks.

  The step-over-range command ('e') is disabled again in current GDB.  It
  had some design problem, I think.

  > Now to the real problem. Here is small gdb session for demonstration:

  This is a consequence of adding %orig_eax :(  You have two choices at
  the moment: make the stub ignore writes to register 0x29, or build GDB
  configured for i386-elf.

  Long term we should probably consider the register optional but it's
  not clear how close we are to that.

I've compiled gdb with '--target=i386-elf' and testet it with
oskit. The problem has disappeared :)

- wagi