[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Environment Variables from multiboot

Greetings and Peace

Newbie question. I apologise if it is something I am doing. I have
checked the archived list and gone through a lot of the source and
online docs and I cant seem to figure out whats going wrong.

I have successfully configured and built the oskit (20020317).

I can successfully (no reported errors) compile and link the multiboot.c
example kernel. Problem is when I pass an argument from grub "FOO=BAR"
it does not recognise it as an environment variable (multiboot.c lists
all arguments, environment variables and oskit arguments). I also can
not get it to work with the oskit arguments. When it lists all the
command line arguments, everything is there as expected (FOO=BAR is in
that list as arg[1]).

Any idea's why the oskit isn't reporting FOO=BAR as an environment variable?

Thankyou for any help.

--

God Bless and Be Well

Matthew Paine  Dip.I.T.(UNE), B.I.T(QUT)