[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: what's the form of DISKNAME and PARTITION in start_fs() ?

It depends where the example kernels live.  I think many people have a
'/boot' directory that has kernels, a bunch of map files and such, and
usually a grub subdir that has a menu.lst file.  I make a '/boot/oskit'
subdir and copy my example kernels there.  Let's say '/boot' is on
/dev/hda1 .  Then my /boot/grub/menu.lst file would have:

title OSKIT hello example
kernel (hd0,0)/boot/oskit/hello

I'd try 'hello' first if I were you, since it's simplest.

For your setup on GNU/Linux partition /dev/hda9 it would be this:

title OSKIT console_tty example
kernel (hd0,8)/boot/oskit/console_tty

If you copied console_tty to '/boot/oskit' on GNU/Linux /dev/hda9 .

Derek