Re: Hidden Files Not Being Copied

Subject: Re: Hidden Files Not Being Copied
From: Ray Zimmerman (rz10@cornell.edu)
Date: Thu Jan 18 2001 - 12:57:37 EST

I think this is an excellent idea ... probably the best we can do ...
unfortunately changing the invisible flag from MacOS of my .htaccess
file, for example, would change the name on the *nix side (and now my
web server would no longer see it). As a Mac user, changing the state
of the invisible flag should not have any effects beyond changing the
visibility of the file, but I guess you pretty much have to throw out
those kind of expectations when you start working in a mixed OS
environment.

So, I think it's a good idea.

        Ray