[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Flux OSKit and MIT's Click Modular Router

This is to let people know that we upgraded our Click source code to
Version 1.0.6. This version of Click on the OSKit requires Snapshot
20000901 of the OSKit (http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/oskit).

Noteworthy are changes to the OSKit that allow Click to run much
faster. Aside from a number of performance enhancements in the OSKit,
we have taken a cue from Click itself, and added a receive side
polling interface to the OSKit device driver framework. With
our modifications to the Tulip and EEpro100 drivers to support the new
receive polling interface, and the addition of a new OSKit/Click
element called PollNetIO, you can now route packets at up to 110,000
pps on a 200 MHZ Pentium Pro!

A slightly modified version of Click as well as the OSKit can be found
off the Flux group web page:

	http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/

or at our public-access CVS repository:

	cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@fluxcvs.cs.utah.edu:/cvs checkout click

The Click home page and MIT's paper describing Click, which was presented
at SOSP, can be found at:

	http://www.pdos.lcs.mit.edu/click/

For a description of our changes, as well as how to configure and
build Click on the OSKit, look at README.OSKIT in our modified Click
distribution.

Have fun!

The Flux Research Group
School of Computing