RE: Netatalk, Macos X and other issues

Subject: RE: Netatalk, Macos X and other issues
From: Eddie Schwartz (ed_schwartz@iu13.k12.pa.us)
Date: Wed Jul 11 2001 - 11:33:20 EDT

         Reply to: RE: Netatalk, Macos X and other issues
Hi Roger. I am not sure how much I can help with your problem, but as for the developers, try looking at the sourceforge(.net) project page. It lists the admins/developers of the project. Out of curiosity, what version of netatalk are you running, and do you have a login message? I havn't been able to get Mac OS X working correctly with netatalk yet, and someone suggested a login message might be the problem. I told our sysadmin, but he has yet to answer me. I was hoping to find out if anyone with a working config has a login message. Thanks!

roger.day wrote:
>I've looked in the database but I can't see this bug anywhere.
>
>We have a MacOS X build server which, on completion, copies a lot of files in a
>short period of time to a RedHat 7.1 linux box (128meg RAM, Pentium 2). After a
>while, the build server dies with a kernel assertion. We were wondering if any
>one had seen this before?
>
>This is quite important to us as we're relying on this to try and get a product
>out shortly.
>
>We would also like to know -who- is supporting netatalk these days. I've heard a
>rumour that Apple are looking for a netatalk developer.
>
>BTW, the netatalk developers list seems to be dead. My request to join was
>bounced.
>
>Roger
>

>RFC822 header

> From: roger.day@globalgraphics.com
> To: netatalk-admins@umich.edu
> Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 15:51:10 +0100
> Subject: Netatalk, Macos X and other issues
| Eddie J Schwartz <EdMcMan@m00.net> http://www.m00.net |
| AIM: The Cypher ICQ: 35576339 PGP ID: 0x96CDDED4 |
| "We Trills have an expression--at forty, you think you |
| know everything. At four hundred, you realize you know |
| nothing." - Dax, Star Trek Deep Space 9 |