[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Help with GRUB

Hi Geoff!

to boot from a floppy the syntax is :

kernel=(hdxx,xx)/kernel <string> to pass along to kernel
boot

Example,

kernel=(hd2,0)/Kaffe CWD=/tmp/java -- minishell.Shell

Tells Grub
1.  to look for the kernel in the second disk drive
2.  Sets the current working directory to /tmp/java
3.  in the case of kaffe / oskit it executes minishell.Shell

boot loads the kernel specificied with the kernel command.

	Hope this helps,
	Amancio