[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Problem with 'iret'

> From: Johan Rydberg <jrydberg@night.trouble.net>
> Subject: Problem with 'iret'
>
> I have a litle problem with 'iret'. It won't take the
> uesp and ss from the stack, but the eflags changes and
> sets the 3000 bits (user mode) .. everthing seems to
> work as it should, but it doesn't pop uesp and ss from
> the stack. Anyone knows why ?

Hmm, I think you need to provide more detail so that people on the
list have some idea of what is going on. Since the base oskit does not
run in multiple priviledge levels without "extra" work on the part of
the kernel designer, it is difficult for us to determine what might be
happening unless you tell us more.

Lbs