[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Need Help!!!

Hello,

We are working on OS Kit and Kaffe VM and we have come across some
problems in making them work together. As for now we have been able to
compile OSKIT and  BOOT example Kernels.

We are using the following FILES.

OSKIT version 0.97, and
Kaffe daily snapshot version Jan 6, '96 with the addition of the OSKIT
support.

Here is the list and hope any one of you guys can help us out with them.

1. Patch file - We tried to RUN

" patch -p0 -E  kaffe-patches "

but it didnt budge. It gave THE FOLLOWING ERROR!!

patching file
`Makefile.in'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 8.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to Makefile.in.rej
The next patch would create the file `include/java_lang_Cloneable.h',
which already exists!  Assume -R? [n]

2. while running MAKE we encountered with the following error. Please note
that we are using EGCS version of compiler. Does it make any difference ?
Do enlighten us ?

gcc: unrecognized option `-posix-oskit'
File.c: In function `java_io_File_isFile0':
File.c:33: storage size of `buf' isn't known
File.c:40: `S_IFREG' undeclared (first use in this function)
File.c:40: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
File.c:40: for each function it appears in.)
File.c:33: warning: unused variable `buf'
File.c: In function `java_io_File_isDirectory0':
File.c:54: storage size of `buf' isn't known
File.c:61: `S_IFDIR' undeclared (first use in this function)
File.c:54: warning: unused variable `buf'
File.c: In function `java_io_File_exists0':
File.c:75: storage size of `buf' isn't known
File.c:75: warning: unused variable `buf'
File.c: In function `java_io_File_lastModified0':
File.c:96: storage size of `buf' isn't known
File.c:96: warning: unused variable `buf'
File.c:107: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
File.c: In function `java_io_File_canWrite0':
File.c:119: warning: implicit declaration of function `access'
File.c: In function `java_io_File_length0':
File.c:143: storage size of `buf' isn't known
File.c:143: warning: unused variable `buf'
File.c:154: warning: control reaches end of non-void function
make[3]: *** [File.o] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/kaffe/libraries/clib/io'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/kaffe/libraries/clib'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/kaffe/libraries'
make: *** [all] Error 1

One more thing we would like to know is that whether KaffeOS was made
for which glibc libraries, compiler and other tools

It would be of great help if these are sorted as soon as possible as our
work has come to a grinding HALT.

Thanxs,

Research team, TML.