[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Need Help!!!

Sivaraman, Ganesh has been quoted as saying:
> We are working on OS Kit and Kaffe VM and we have come across some
> problems in making them work together. As for now we have been able to
> compile OSKIT and  BOOT example Kernels.
>
> We are using the following FILES.
>
> OSKIT version 0.97, and
> Kaffe daily snapshot version Jan 6, '96 with the addition of the OSKIT
> support.

     Sounds good, although I assume that you mean Jan 6, '99.

> Here is the list and hope any one of you guys can help us out with them.
>
> 1. Patch file - We tried to RUN
>
> " patch -p0 -E  kaffe-patches "
>
> but it didnt budge. It gave THE FOLLOWING ERROR!!
>
> patching file
> `Makefile.in'
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 8.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to Makefile.in.rej
> The next patch would create the file `include/java_lang_Cloneable.h',
> which already exists!  Assume -R? [n]

     You only have to apply that patch if you got your kaffe snapshot
from somewhere other than Utah.  Our tar file already has all the
changes incorporated into it.

> 2. while running MAKE we encountered with the following error. Please note
> that we are using EGCS version of compiler. Does it make any difference ?
> Do enlighten us ?
>
> gcc: unrecognized option `-posix-oskit'
> [failures because of this deleted]

     It appears that your build isn't using the oskit's gcc shell
script for some reason.  The oskit gcc script tells gcc to use a
special `specs' file, so that it will look in the correct places for
include files and libraries.  It also is what lets gcc understand
-posix-oskit.

     How did you configure kaffe?  To compile kaffe against the oskit,
you need to use the script config-oskit.sh in the config/i386/oskit
directory to configure kaffe.

steve

--
// stephen clawson				sclawson@cs.utah.edu