[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: xwindow in oskit

Lo and behold, yaoyyuan@263.net once said:

> I have used oskit building Kaffe successfully. But it can not run
> Xwindow. So I want to build a kernel of Xwindow by oskit. How can I do?
>
> Yu yao

   X windows will not run under the oskit for local display.  The
possibility exists that you could have it display remotely by linking
against the X libs, but you'd have to compile your own Xlibs to do so.
I'm not sure if anyone has done it.  Godmar Back, who is out of town right
now, may have done so.  Godmar, if you read this, could you chime in with
a quick "yes" or "no"?

   -Dave

--
work: danderse@cs.utah.edu                     me:  angio@pobox.com