[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Porting a linux video (tv card) driver to OSKit

We have glue code for encapsulating ethernet and block device drivers from
Linux, but we have not done any Linux character devices as yet, so there
will certainly be some work required writing that glue.  Since we do have
glue for encapsulating with Linux kernel code in general, and for other
kinds of device drivers, that gives you an excellent start, but there might
be some more hair for the char devices.

Also, our encapsulated Linux code is currently based on Linux 2.0.29 and it
may be substantially more difficult to plop in code from 2.[123].x.