[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Porting a linux video (tv card) driver to OSKit

> I'm wondering now how hard it would be to port the Linux bttv video grabber
> driver. I must admit I'm a bit overwhelmed just trying to see how much
> needs to be done. Somehow I have to compare what the OSKit linux driver
> encapsulation provides, with what the new driver expects.
>
> Does anybody have an immediate feel for how much work is involved in
> porting this driver?

I have no feel for it but I have a vague memory that the Linux bttv
driver is derived from the FreeBSD driver so there might be some value
in digging out the original and using the FreeBSD glue code - avoiding
the FreeBSD<->Linux conversion code in the bttv driver.

If you are using the FreeBSD derived version, it ought to be obvious
enough in the copyrights.

Alastair

Follow-Ups: References: