[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RTC instead of PIT (on x86)

Excuse my ignorance*, but could you just not write a timer library using
the PIT, and have both OSKit and your applications use that? Does OSKit
not already provide this?

Christian

* I'm basically a lurker on the list, and haven't really looked at oskit
much, so I don't know exactly what is provided or possible.

--
    /"\
    / \

On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Simon Nieuviarts wrote:

>	Hello,
>
>I have already read somewhere (certainly Linux) that the RTC could be used
>instead of the PIT to do programmable interrupts. Is it possible in OSKit
>to replace the use of the PIT by the use of the RTC ? I would like the
>network drivers and libraries to work without using the PIT. It would
>leave this timer freely programmable by client applications of our kernel.
>
>	Simon.

Follow-Ups: References: