[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RTC instead of PIT (on x86)

Le Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Christian Smith a écrit :
> Excuse my ignorance*, but could you just not write a timer library using
> the PIT, and have both OSKit and your applications use that? Does OSKit
> not already provide this?
>
> Christian

The code we are writing is a debugger for operating systems written by
students in our school. This debugger should not use the PIT because we
want it to be freely available for the students, without using any given
library ! If it is impossible, we will have to try to reprogram the timer
and the IDT each time we switch between the context of the debugger and
the context of the debugged program... It could work, but it is not really
clean.

	Simon.