[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: You don't want to read this....

> mechanisms that sap performance. The method they are using to accomplish
> this is to first prohibit direct access to the machine. All programs must

All the people I know around me, myself included, are using the OSKit
for robotics applications. Small, minimal kernel limited to the hardware used
by the robot is what we are looking for. But we also need low level acces
for custom made hardware.
All these high level languages (including Java or Caml) are certainly
interesting for some kind of applications, but we still need basic,
small operating systems for embedded applications.

Jean-Michel Friedt
friedt@lpmo.univ-fcomte.fr

Follow-Ups: References: