[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: How to boot on Linux?

Chengkai LI writes:
> under  .../examples/x86
> I used "dd if=multiboot of=/dev/fd0"
> Then reboot the linux. But only got a blank screen.

It sounds like you're trying to boot a multiboot image directly.
This won't work - you need to use a multiboot->linux or multiboot->BIOS
 adaptor (depending on whether you want to boot using LILO or by inserting
 a boot disk and using the BIOS).
Have a look at the documentation (the intro and netboot chapters).

> I could not find "mklinuximage" under "..../oskit-20000901/boot/linux",
> there is only "mklinux2.in" and "mklinuximage.in".

Aha, sounds like you tried to use the multiboot->Linux adaptor but made the
mistake of looking in your source tree instead of in your build tree.

Hope this helps,

Alastair Reid

Follow-Ups: References: