[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

hardware & OS related!

Hi folks!

I am having a great interest about learning Operating Systems Stuff. But
first i need to get a high degree of knownledge on hardware. Since i
respectfully request your advices in order to give me some directions
about what to do?

1) Which book on computer organization & arch do you suggest  me?
2) What source of information on assembly programming for i386 hardware
may you suggest ?
3) A friend o' mine suggested me two books on OS: The Design of 4.4BSD
OS and UNIX Internals: the new frontiers, are they worth ?
4) Are these book a good reading for a total begginner? If not what one
do you suggest in order to get the necessary background on OS to be able
read the above ones ?

Thanks a lot for your time and cooperation!

best regards.